Thursday, September 27, 2012

University of Distance Education


West University of Yangon



       I passed my matriculation exam in the year 2002.Just after the exam i left my home township, Aung Lan, Magway Division,Burma.Eventually i went to Yangon ( the formal Capital City of Burma)to get a job in the factory where i could possibly work and earn a bit amount of money.So with my elder sister's help,as soon as i reached to Yangon, i got a job.This job was terrible and it was the first job ever in my whole life. My goal of working is to earn the money for my distance Education fees so you could imagine that how this distance university education fees is still very heavy.
       Anyway, i started to study my distance education at West University of Yangon from two years of my matriculation result.It is required that after passing the matriculation exam ( the ten standards in Burma), we have to wait a year off from school and be ready to attend at the university.No matter we are decided to go to attend the day university or distance university.
       The other important thing about my university process was that i passed my matriculation exam in Aung Lan township, Magway Division so that i am required to enter the university in Magway rather than any other university in the country. If i want to go to attend  other university in Burma, i have to do a paper application. The process of application to transfer the university entry is very expensive and it has to do with a lot of paper works.However, these steps were not my headache since my father did for me.I was only noticed that these papers works were done by my Daddy and he shared about it as information. It really cost much money.
         Again, after i registered at the West University of Yangon, the registration matters were done by my elder sister who was already a senior student at the same university majoring in History, Distance Education.After the registration, I got some text books and cassette tapes and a few memorable stuffs of the university. The only thing i have to do was that i needed to buy assignment book which is written by one of the professor and these assignments were supported to be copy by the hand writings. After copying every single words from the written special book into the plain A4 sheets.Yes,my works assignment is done and i just needed to send to my department of laws (Distance Education) at the West University of Yangon.I have to pay little money to submit the assignment.Then for the whole year, i have to submit two assignments in total and i have to take final exam at the university.
         In my first year,i was too naive about my university process and general knowledge.For no reason,I did not ask my sister much too.I just took as easy as i thought.Thereupon, even the education is not that valued if the students take it easy, the students fail. Yes, i failed my first year of the university.It was the warning that i must be taking the education seriously though it is surface learning, memorizing the texts and  finally vomiting is in the exams. That was important if the students want to get a so called degree in BA,Bsc or whatever degrees.For my first year second time, i came to know that i must attend  private tuition.It is very necessary to attend the private tuition for passing the yearly exam. The tuition which i took was at the central of Yangon. I usually took the classes in the evenings in weekdays and weekends. The private tuition teachers are mostly governmental professors from the East University of Yangon.The students were from the distance Education laws both East and West University of Yangon.The lessons are all supposed to be memorized until the exam days. After the exams everything gone with the wind. It is the only time that we have to recall is when we work on the study related jobs.This i learned from my friends who are working at the courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment